Hytex adopt a green business environment. We use environmentally friendly practices in design, production, and strive to use recycled materials whenever possible in promoting, designing and producing our exhibition display stands.
- We use MDF boards made with environmentally-friendly binding agents and scrap wood fibers that are a waste by-product of the lumber industry.
- Our Eco-fi™ for Velcro®-compatible fabrics which contain polyester made from 100% certified, post-consumer recycled plastic bottles.
- We use packing foam made from recycled materials in our shipping cases to protect contents in transit. Our rotationally moulded, polyethylene shipping cases contain the maximum levels of reprocessed resins. And our shipping cartons are made from a combination of recycled, recovered and new corrugated paper products.
- All of promotional materials are printed on 100% recycled, elemental chlorine-free papers products certified by the international Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). The FSC stamp serves as an assurance that the trees used to produce the printed collaterals, come from responsibly managed forests.
- Our rest room and kitchen facilities are equipped with recycled paper products.
We strive to prevent the release of harmful substances into the environment to the greatest extent possible during the design, development and manufacturing of our products.
- We have significantly reduced our use of solvent-based adhesives by switching to pressure-sensitive heated adhesives. Solvent-based adhesives are known to release volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that contribute to indoor and outdoor air pollution as well as damage soil and groundwater.
- We have invested in progressive graphic printing technology that utilizes eco friendly water based inks.
- Our displays are compact and lighter in weight to be more efficient to ship.
- We use only SmartWay Transport Partners with exceptional fuel efficiency/environmental performance scores. The Environmental Protection Agency established SmartWay to reduce fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
We strive to reduce waste in our manufacturing processes and business operations.
- Fabric scraps are repurposed as product packaging fillers or for other uses.
- We cut our company wide consumption of paper for communications, transactions, management and record-keeping systems in half.
We strive to offer sustainable display solutions that help reduce the carbon footprint impact of exhibitors around the world.
- Our product lines are designed to integrate with one another so components may be re-purposed into new exhibition display designs.
- Our displays are modular and designed to facilitate the re-use of components in different configurations to serve multiple applications.
- We offer display rentals which is based on frequent re-use of a vast inventory of interchangeable components.
We strive to buy, sell and use products that may be recycled.
- All of our aluminium structures, rotationally moulded shipping cases are 100% recyclable.
- Our steel and aluminium scraps, waste paper, plastic bottles, batteries and used print cartridges are routinely collected and recycled.
We operate our manufacturing facilities in accordance with all necessary environmental permits, approvals and operational controls. We adhere to all applicable environmental laws and regulations and strive to exceed the required levels of compliance wherever feasible.
- Historically exhibitions have been extremely wasteful with this in mind Hytex has implemented the following practices:
- All carpet we use on the stands is 100% recyclable
- All electrical wiring is fitted with male and female 3 jack plugs to eliminate wasteful cable
- Where possible manufactured items will be recycled